Newbridge Marketing Group (NMG) is seeking a seasoned experiential professional to join our Business Development team to source, develop and close sales with major clients and partner prospects.
A 17-year-old college marketing and brand experience agency, NMG connects brands to a wide variety of consumer segments through pop-up retail (mobile selling tours), food & beverage truck tours, special event creation, storytelling experiences, field marketing teams, expo build-outs and more. Beyond experiential, NMG helps brands connect & engage with millions of college students via digital marketing, new approaches to college recruiting and custom research. Under the student-facing brand Campus Collaborative, NMG works directly with college students to bring them unique opportunities, like Campus Brand Manager jobs, exclusive student offers, and career development events.
Brand partners for our marketing work include L.L.Bean, Timberland, CBS Sports, Panera Bread, Spartan Races, DirecTV, Charter, Discovery+, Bob’s Red Mill, Miyoko’s Creamery, Kodiak Cakes and different national political leaders and voter registration campaigns.
Corporate partners for NMG’s recruiting business include Starbucks, Twitter, Microsoft, Bank of America, Charter, Sonos and Verizon. For our recruiting work, we leverage our proprietary database of over 350,000 campus club leaders along with our research insights and learnings from our marketing work with students.
The Senior Manager-Business Development position requires strong communication skills, frequent outreach, networking, influencing skills and the ability to foster relationships and trust with potential partners by translating their needs into a strategic plan for success. It is responsible for daily internal & external duties to create new prospect discussions and opportunities with the intent to turn new business into recurring business. It also requires effective negotiation skills to price and structure programs that drive client success and agency revenue under the guidance of the Director of Business Development & Client Strategy.
Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assess client business needs, translating agency capabilities in experiential and media marketing into effective creative solutions to negotiate and win business.
- Own the sales life cycle with respective clients to effectively manage the business and relationship(s): engagement, proposal inclusive of KPI’s, budgeting, contract administration, executional oversight (led by Client Services team), post-program evaluation, retention strategy.
- Collaboration across the organization to brainstorm on client proposals, capabilities growth / enhancements, and business development team growth opportunities.
- Set the example for excellence within the Business Development team and serve as a mentor to more junior members.
- Minimum 5-6 years of progressive experience in experiential marketing, sponsorship sales, and/or college and media marketing and inclusive of 2-3 years of prior business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree plus 2-3 years of related industry experience in lieu of 4-year degree.
- Easily establishes a strong rapport and trust with (existing and prospective) clients and internal partners through excellent listening, anticipating needs / concerns, responsiveness, and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong written communication (formal & informal), influencing, creative, and negotiating skills
- Excellent Microsoft 365 skills (particularly PowerPoint and Excel), cloud-based file sharing / collaboration / management (Ex: SharePoint, Google Drive), and video conferencing (Ex: Zoom, Teams). Bonus – experience using Pipedrive, Winmo, Slack, Canva
- Strong industry network
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment which blends forward-thinking work with practical needs to create short term wins.
- Growth mindset - openness and maturity to share best practices & learnings that will enhance opportunities for all as well as receive constructive coaching converting to positive action and professional development.
- Ability to collaborate virtually across multiple US time zones.
- Optimistic and realistic team player with a “can do” attitude and positive, team-based mentality.
- A desire to make the world a better place and have fun doing it.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401K and health insurance benefits
- Annual wellness and monthly beverage stipends
- Access to our Portland or Chicago office spaces with reasonable flexibility in schedule and work location
- PTO and holiday pay + ten flexible half day Fridays on top of PTO
- 20-day paid sabbatical for every seven years of service
- Collaborative team of passionate and intelligent marketers and genuinely kind human beings