Newbridge Marketing Group (NMG) is seeking a professional to lead our creative generation, growing our in-house creative capabilities and service offerings.
A 17-year-old college marketing and brand experience agency, NMG connects brands to a wide variety of consumer segments through pop-up retail (mobile selling tours), food & beverage truck tours, special event creation, storytelling experiences, field marketing teams, expo build-outs and more. Beyond experiential, NMG helps brands connect & engage with millions of college students via digital marketing, new approaches to college recruiting and custom research. Under the student-facing brand Campus Collaborative, NMG works directly with college students to bring them unique opportunities, like Campus Brand Manager jobs, exclusive student offers, and career development events.
Brand partners for our marketing work include L.L.Bean, Timberland, CBS Sports, Spartan Races, DirecTV, Charter, Discovery+, Bob’s Red Mill, Miyoko’s Creamery, Kodiak Cakes and different national political leaders and voter registration campaigns.
Corporate partners for NMG’s recruiting business include Starbucks, Twitter, Microsoft, Bank of America, Charter, Sonos and Verizon. For our recruiting work, we leverage our proprietary database of over 350,000 campus club leaders along with our research insights and learnings from our marketing work with students.
Senior Manager of Graphic Design will lead our in-house creative generation.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creative generation process oversight and execution:
- Collaborate with our Business Development team on new project proposals
- Provide revenue-generating graphic design services for our brand and corporate partners (i.e. clients)
- Drive in-house creative strategy and oversee execution for existing NMG assets & platforms
- Collaborate with VP of Strategy and New Concepts to support new venture growth with beautiful branding and creative.
- Creative oversight, and at times, direct administration / execution of the agency’s external brand positioning inclusive of digital footprint to include web and social platforms for Newbridge Marketing Group and our collegiate services (Campus Collaborative and Door of Clubs) as well as internal brand standards.
- Coaching and development of junior creative staff.
- Drive growth of agency relationships through your growing corporate network.
- 4-6 years of impactful graphic design experience within an agency or brand environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience as Senior Graphic Designer or Graphic Designer.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe design software programs, MacOS, Microsoft 365, MailChimp and Canva. Bonus – 3D design, Slack.
- An outstanding track record of work with leading brands, ideally connected to award-winning campaigns.
- Success across a broad set of creative mediums with a strategic eye to approaches which can potentially weave user-generated content into impactful, viral creative. This may include:
- Experience creating marketing proposals, presentations, collateral, websites/landing pages, digital and print advertisements, social media marketing, motion graphics, etc.
- Converting research-based data to a visually compelling story such as surveys, newsletters, infographics, statistical graphs, charts and tables.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment which blends forward-thinking 3-D design work with practical needs for immediate project support, including basic 2-D production at times.
- Brand development & integration.
- People management or professional mentorship experience as a mentor or mentee.
- Bonus – specific experience with college and / or mobile tour marketing creative.
- Industry relationships with brands and agencies.
- Optimistic and realistic leader with a “can do” attitude and positive, team-based mentality.
- A desire to make the world a better place and have fun doing it.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment which blends forward-thinking work with practical needs for immediate project support.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401K and health insurance benefits
- Annual wellness and monthly beverage stipends
- Access to our Portland or Chicago office spaces with reasonable flexibility in schedule and work location
- PTO and holiday pay + ten flexible half day Fridays on top of PTO
- 20-day paid sabbatical for every seven years of service
- Collaborative team of passionate and intelligent marketers and genuinely kind human beings