Newbridge Marketing Group (NMG) is seeking a Business Development professional to join our team and help drive additional growth through new program generation with brand and corporate partners.
A 16-year-old college marketing and brand experience agency, NMG helps brands connect & engage with millions of college students and also creates live experiences for all audiences. NMG’s collegiate services include digital marketing, on-campus experiences, new approaches to college recruiting and custom research. Under the student-facing brand Campus Collaborative, NMG works directly with college students to bring them unique opportunities, like Campus Brand Manager jobs, exclusive student offers, and career development events. Beyond the college audience, NMG connects brands to a wide variety of consumer segments through pop-up retail, food & beverage truck tours, special event creation, storytelling experiences, ambassador street teams and more.
Brand partners for our marketing work include L.L.Bean, Timberland, CBS Sports, Spartan Races, DirecTV, Charter, Discovery+, Bob’s Red Mill, Miyoko’s Creamery, Kodiak Cakes and different national political leaders and voter registration campaigns.
Corporate partners for NMG’s recruiting business include Starbucks, Twitter, Microsoft, Bank of America, Charter, Sonos and Verizon. This business was acquired by NMG in 2019 and has significant growth potential within the quickly changing collegiate recruiting environment. For our recruiting work, we leverage our proprietary database of over 350,000 campus club leaders along with our research insights and learnings from our marketing work with students.
The Manager of Business Development will generate and lead new business development opportunities within a collaborative team of marketing and sales professionals and strategists.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creation of new business opportunities from prospect identification through program oversight:
- Identify new corporate/brand partner prospects.
- Develop intelligent reach out to engage with prospects.
- Collaborate with teammates to create solutions which help our prospects reach their goals.
- Deliver the program recommendations to prospects, adjusting to maximize the positive program impact.
- Close deals to create new relationships.
- Stay strategically involved during the execution phase, always keeping an eye on corporate/brand partner ROI and additional ways for us to help them achieve their business goals.
- Support fellow team members by joining their program brainstorms and supporting program execution where helpful for our partners and for your own practical learnings.
- At least four years of experience in Business Development and/or Marketing. Specific experience related to collegiate marketing and experiential marketing a plus.
- Comfortable leading strategic brand conversations & bringing leads through an entire sales cycle.
- Very creative thinker with a solution-oriented approach.
- Excited by a dynamic environment and naturally bringing an optimistic outlook.
- Team-based mindset while also able to succeed working independently.
- Competitive compensation based on experience with incentives to share in success.
- 401K and health insurance benefits.
- If in Portland or Chicago, access to our office space with reasonable flexibility in schedule and work location.
- 20-day paid sabbatical for every seven years of service. Ten half day Fridays in 2022 on top of PTO.
- A collaborative team of passionate and intelligent marketers and genuinely kind human beings.