Newbridge Marketing Group (NMG) is seeking a senior professional with deep Business Development experience to join our team and lead the growth of our agency’s sales efforts.
A 17-year-old college marketing and brand experience agency, NMG helps brands connect & engage with millions of college students and also creates live experiences for all audiences. NMG’s collegiate services include digital marketing, on-campus experiences, new approaches to college recruiting and custom research. Under the student-facing brand Campus Collaborative, NMG works directly with college students to bring them unique opportunities, like Campus Brand Manager jobs, exclusive student offers, and career development events. Beyond the college audience, NMG connects brands to a wide variety of consumer segments through pop-up retail, food & beverage truck tours, special event creation, storytelling experiences, ambassador street teams and more.
Brand partners for our marketing work include L.L.Bean, Timberland, CBS Sports, Spartan Races, DirecTV, Charter, Discovery+, Bob’s Red Mill, Miyoko’s Creamery, Kodiak Cakes and different national political leaders and voter registration campaigns.
Corporate partners for NMG’s recruiting business include Starbucks, Twitter, Microsoft, Bank of America, Charter, Sonos and Verizon. This business was acquired by NMG in 2019 and has significant growth potential within the quickly changing collegiate recruiting environment. For our recruiting work, we leverage our proprietary database of over 350,000 campus club leaders along with our research insights and learnings from our marketing work with students.
The Director of Business Development will lead the overarching strategy and direction for NMG’s new business development and the strategic relationship building for our existing brand partners.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Refine and oversee the new business development process.
- Lead an enhanced approach to fully leverage the synergy across the Newbridge set of corporate/brand partner offerings (collegiate marketing, research, recruiting as well as experiential).
- Lead the sales team (strategy setting, pipeline oversight, personal growth plans and follow through).
- Drive growth through your own new brand partner program creation through your extensive senior level corporate network.
- Consult with agency executive team on an as-needed basis on new growth opportunities and provide regular team progress reporting updates.
- At least 15 years of experience in Business Development and/or Marketing. Specific experience related to collegiate marketing and experiential marketing a plus.
- Comfortable leading “C Level” strategy conversations & bringing leads through an entire sales cycle, from lead gen to onboarding.
- An outstanding track record of measurable team success and healthy relationships while leading people.
- A big thinker with big ideas and big motivation to execute on those ideas.
- Optimistic and realistic leader with entrepreneurial passion. Willingness to take the reins of a sales organization with the potential for triple digit revenue growth in the next two years.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401K and health insurance benefits
- Annual wellness and monthly beverage stipends
- Access to our Portland or Chicago office spaces with reasonable flexibility in schedule and work location
- PTO and holiday pay + ten flexible half day Fridays on top of PTO
- 20-day paid sabbatical for every seven years of service
- Collaborative team of passionate and intelligent marketers and genuinely kind human beings